Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taking the First Step Towards PLNs

Today in our class (Learning & Teaching with Technology, SFU graduate class), we accessed and evaluated several PLNs. Being able to connect with educators on a global level is a powerful thing – the support that exists in cyberspace is infinite. Being a part of a PLN enables one to make connections with those with similar passions, and the ease with which resources can be shared makes doing so painless (unlike so many Pro-D’s). It is truly inspiring to be able to directly take advice/suggestions/ideas/resources from technology education “gurus”. The more exposed I am to such networks, the more comfortable I am becoming contributing to them. At the same time though, I feel overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge and information that is available.

My first step in getting connected with other educators who share my interest in incorporating technology into the modern classroom was to join a PLN. I joined “The Educators’ PLN” (http://edupln.ning.com/) and spent hours surfing resources, ideas and tools. It was like an addiction – I couldn’t pull myself away from it! I am very excited to be part of such a knowledgeable community and look forward to implementing some of the tools I have picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment