Monday, August 16, 2010

Putting It All Out There

ISTE's Educational Technology Standards for Teachers

My goal for Fall 2010 is regarding the fifth standard, "Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership". Specifically I want to show growth in the area of participating in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.




Where I am --> Beginning: Explore and discuss attributes of local and global learning communities where teachers can explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.

I’ve set this particular goal for myself because it relates closely to SFU’s fifth capacity: Access, evaluate, use and participate in new media interactions in education. This is undoubtedly the most difficult of the five for me to focus on and therefore grow in. I’ve become comfortable joining educational communities – both online and in person – but have great difficulty in contributing to them. I take, but do not give back. I think this is because I still view myself as a fairly new teacher with only six years experience, so I am still like a sponge, soaking up as much information and ideas as possible. I had never really thought that what I thought would matter to people. But, I’m learning that I’m wrong thinking that way. I know many “rookie” teachers who have great ideas and know just as many “veteran” teachers who have given up on their passion and become jaded. I guess it’s just hard to put it all out there for people to see and judge. But maybe people will like what they see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment